TECHNART 2015 − Catania, April 27 - 30, 2015
Non-destructive and microanalytical techniques in art and cultural heritage
Welcome to the website of the international conference TECHNART 2015.
The aim of TECHNART 2015 is to provide a scientific forum to present and promote the use of analytical spectroscopy techniques in the field of cultural heritage. The conference builds on the momentum of the previous TECHNART editions of Lisbon, Athens, Berlin and Amsterdam, offering an outstanding and unique opportunity for exchanging knowledge on leading edge developments. Cultural heritage studies are interpreted in a broad sense, including pigments, stones, metals, glass, ceramics, chemometrics on artwork studies, resins, fibers, forensic applications in art history, archaeology and conservation science.
- X-ray microanalysis (XRF, PIXE, XRD, SEM-EDX)
- Confocal X-ray microscopy (3D Micro-XRF, 3D Micro-PIXE)
- Synchrotron, ion beam and neutron based techniques/instrumentation
- FT-IR and Raman microscopy
- UV-Vis and NIR absorption/reflectance and fluorescence
- Laser-based analytical techniques
- Magnetic resonance techniques
- Chromatography (GC, HPLC) and mass spectrometry
- Optical imaging and coherence techniques
- Mobile spectrometry and remote sensing
Special Issue in Microchemical Journal
We would like to invite you to contribute to a special issue in the context of the TECHNART 2015. The special issue will appear in Microchemical Journal.
Manuscripts need to be critical reviews or full research papers and present original, unpublished work focussing on analytical and bioanalytical themes presented at the conference.
Detailed information are reported here.
TECHNART 2015 is organised by LNS-INFN, IBAM-CNR, University of Catania (Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche) jointly with the Scientific Research Working Group of ICOM-CC and the Italian Association of Archeometry (AIAr). It will take place from 27 to 30 April 2015 in Catania, Italy, at the main conference room of the LNS-INFN.